My products are free from (and more…)
When I first started learning about ingredients used in skincare today, I had no idea how many were harmful to the skin. Astonishingly, many products available today contain these nasty ingredients and more.
As my knowledge grew, I was determined to use gentle ingredients that nourish, protect and moisture the skin and hair. Many of the ingredients I use use today include plant oils, butters, waxes, essential oils, herbs and more.
It is not always easy trying to remember what to avoid when you decide to purchase any product. This short list (easily printed off) or book marked on your mobile, provides you with information to easily avoid buying any products containing these ingredients.
- Diethanolamine (DEA) compounds
- Imazolidinyl urea
- Methylisothiazolinone (MI) (and other isothiazolinones)
- Monoethanolamine (MEA)
- Parabens (butyl-, ethyl- or methylparaben)
- Peanut/peanut-derived ingredients
- Petroleum (petrolatum) or mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum)
- Petroleum-derived non-preservative ingredients, including humectants (e.g. butylene glycol) and carbomers
- Polyethylene glycol (PEG)
- Sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate (SLS/SLES)
- Synthetic silicones and derivatives
- Talc, unless pressed
- Triethanolamine (TEA)
It is only when we become aware of what is good for us and what is not, we can then take the steps that is necessary to avoid inflicting harm to ourselves. The choice is ours to make.
In addition to this list, you can read further about another “10 cosmetic ingredients to avoid“.